Vegan – Gluten Free – Low sugar – Dairy Free, Anti- Candida, Diabetic Friendly, Paleo
Love the sound of chocolate for breakfast? Then this smoothie is for you! Packed with antioxidants, essential minerals like potassium and magnesium, good fats from coconut oil and chia seeds, and easy to digest protein. Throw away the diet shakes, because this smoothie will have you feeling full through to lunch time because it’s packed with nutrition and made from REAL ingredients! Kids love this smoothie because it tastes better than milo and is packed with nutrition and it’s a perfect meal replacement if you are following my Eat Yourself Healthy program.
What you’ll need…
- 200ml fresh coconut – I recommend fresh over packaged,or you can use unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Flesh of one young coconut (alternatively add a heaped tablespoon shredded or desiccated coconut)
- 1 – Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 dessert spoon cacao nibs and or cacao powder
- 1-2 dessert spoons of protein powder – I recommend organic pea or hemp seed protein powder
- 1 dessert spoon of chia seeds
- 1 frozen banana (optional)
- Ice (if not using frozen banana)
How to make…
- Take one young coconut and using a meat cleaver (you can use a large knife, but be sure to use one with a sharp blade) to make a large triangle opening in the top.
- Add to a blender coconut water and scoop out the coconut meat using a spoon (alternatively you can add dry shredded coconut)
- Add the chopped banana, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, protein powder, coconut oil, chia seeds, cacao nibs and powder and ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 large glasses to serve and power through your day!
Serves 1 – 2