Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low sugar, Diabetic Friendly, Candida friendly, Paleo, Vegetarian/Vegan
If you have been kick starting your day with my alkalizing Green Goddess juice, I’d like to share my Green Goddess Superfood Power Smoothie recipe with you! You could say it’s the Green Goddess juice on steroids, because of the addition of banana, pea protein powder and superfoods like chia seeds and maca root powder – an ancient Inca superfood which acts as a natural hormonal adaptogen – great if you are adrenally fatigued, or looking to regulate your hormones naturally. I whip this superfood power smoothie up on the mornings I don’t feel like eggs for breakfast, or if I am doing a big cardio workout. Being a medium to high GI fruit, banana sustains your energy for longer and by combining it with healthy fats from the coconut oil and protein powder will balance out the GI factor.
You can see loads more recipes like this in my e-book Eat Yourself Healthy. Enjoy!
- 1 banana ( preferably frozen, or add ice)
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 small to medium cucumber (optional)
- 1 peeled lemon or 1/2 a grapefruit – alternatively you can just add the juice
- 2 Tbsps of mint or parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 piece of ginger – approx 5cm long or to taste
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp of pea or hemp seed protein powder
- 1 -2 teaspoons maca root powder
- 1/2 cup ice
How to make
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender ( I recommend a nutribullet)
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a large glass and drink immediately to maintain freshness and nutrient content.