Gluten free, Cow’s Dairy Free, Low Sugar, Anti Candida, Diabetic Friendly, Low Carb, High protein
What you’ll need…
- One organic chicken
- Ghee, macadamia or coconut oil – to baste the chicken with
- Himalayan or sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
For the stuffing…
- 3/4 cup fresh herbs, chopped herbs, eg: flat leaf parsley, mint, thyme 3/4
- 1/3 cup fennel tops
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup mixed raw nuts – unsalted – you can use any nuts that you have handy but I chose:
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup pistachio’s (or pine nuts would also make a lovely addition)
- 1 -2 fresh figs, chopped (or use dried figs if they are not in season, I prefer the wild figs).
- 1 Tbsp. goats feta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive or macadamia oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
How to make…
- Roughly chop your fresh herbs and add to a medium mixing bowl along with the goats feta, figs, lemon juice and rind, oil and salt and pepper
- Add your mixed nuts to a mortar and pestle or food processor and grind to small chunks and add to the herb mix
- Combine ingredients with your hands.
- Place stuffing mix into the bottom of the chicken, until it is full, be sure to pack the chicken firmly with the stuffing mix.
- Lightly grease a baking tray with oil and place chicken onto the tray.
- Baste the chicken skin with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper and a extra lemon rind.
- Bake in a pre heated moderate oven – 180 C for approximately 30 – 45 minutes or until skin is golden brown.
- Cooking time will depend on the size of your chicken and oven speed.
- Serve with freshly steamed green vegetables -such as asparagus, beans and broccoli, drizzle with a little olive oil and or a green salad
Sally’s Tips… This recipe is ideal after week 2 on the EYH Program