Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Sugar free, Cow’s Dairy free, Diabetic Friendly, Detox Friendly
What you’ll need…
- 1/12 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup of Italian (flat leaf) parsley, finely chopped
- ½ bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive or macadamia oil
- Juice of a freshly squeezed lemon and or 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Himalayan or Celtic sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
How to make…
To make the Quinoa, rinse under running water in a sieve, before adding to a saucepan with water and a pinch of Celtic sea or Himalayan sea salt.
Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook until the water has been absorbed into the quinoa. The quinoa should be soft and moist, if it is not quite cooked add a little more water and cook until absorbed.
Take remaining ingredients and combine in a large mixing bowl and pour over the dressing and mix with your hands to combine.
Serve topped with a little crumbled goats feta or sliced avocado for extra healthy fats. Keep left overs in the fridge, in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
NB: If your gut is especially sensitive to starch, swap the quinoa for cauliflower rice