This has to be one of my all time favourite chicken recipes because it is so simple and the flavours are absolutely delicious. In fact it’s so easy that it is pretty well fool proof! You can whip this up at the drop of hat, perfect for when unexpected guests call by or your stuck for what to cook for dinner tonight! Be sure to use organic chicken and avoid any chemicals and added anti-biotics, not to mention it tastes so much better!
What you’ll need…
- 4 pieces of Maryland organic chicken and 3 – 4 organic drumsticks (I prefer Inglewood Farms brand, you can read why here)
- 4 – 6 small baby new potatoes halved (washed)
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 – 8 cloves of Australian garlic – avoid the white Chinese garlic at all costs!
- Rind of two lemons
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 bunch or around 3 -4 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 10 grams of fresh lemon myrtle
- Cracked black pepper and Celtic sea or Himalayan salt to taste – don’t be afraid to use a generous amount to season well
How to make…
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- Grease an oven proof baking dish with olive oil
- Arrange the chicken pieces in the dish
- Cover with the garlic cloves, lemon juice and rind, fresh herbs and potatoe chunks
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over all ingredients, until well coated.
- Season with salt and cracked pepper
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes or until chicken pieces are tender and golden brown on top.
- Serve warm and drizzle the cooking juices over the chicken
- Serve with a side of steamed greens